Rockford Skating Club Monthly Newsletter ~ July 2017
- Midway Village Museum Picnic: This is a FREE community picnic event and Rockford Skating Club will be providing an activity for everyone to enjoy! The event is on July 23rd from 11am-4pm. Bring your picnic blanket and enjoy exploring different buildings and houses, lawn games and craft projects for all ages. Volunteers are needed for this event! Please respond to Angie Torre via email firstname.lastname@example.org OR by text 815-262-8554. A sign up sheet will also be at Carlson Ice Arena on the RSC bulletin board. We are excited to be asked to be a part of the event and look forward to representing the RSC! The following shifts are needed: (2-3 people per shift) 10:30-12:00PM 12:00-1:30PM 1:30-3:00PM 3:00PM-4:00PM
- Rockford Skating Club New Logo: The RSC is looking at revamping our Club Logo. If you or someone you know would like to submit a New Graphic Design, please submit your entry to email@example.com. You can submit more than one entry. All entries are due by Midnight on July 25. Once all submissions have been collected, each member of the RSC will have the opportunity to vote on the Logo they like the best.
- Thank You Patty! The RSC Board would like to thank Patty Pifer for all she has done with our skate club over the years. Patty was the secretary for 4 years prior to becoming club president, and has always been eager to help out wherever she can. Patty, we appreciate all you have done for our club and skaters! Thank you, your presence on the board will be missed.
Club Monthly News:
- 10th Annual USFS Illinois Learn to Skate USA Series: This series has been announced and will take place between July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018. Skaters have a chance to compete at different competitions and earn points for an award. Top 3 skaters from each level will be awarded a medal. This is a fun and positive experience for LTS skaters. More information regarding this series, please visit the Rockford Skating Club Facebook Page OR the RSC board at Carlson Ice Arena.
- VIP Meet & Greet with Ashley Wagner: Cutting Edge Figure Skating Club announced that Ashley Wagner is joining them at the RecPlex Ice Arena in Pleasant Prairie, WI on September 16, 2017 with the Make-A-Wish of Wisconsin. All skaters are invited to spend the day with 3-time National Champion and Olympic Medalist Ashley Wagner. There is no cost to register but space is limited. Registration is open to all clubs, teams, and rinks. For more information and to register, http://cuttingedgefscwithashley.org
- Livebarn: Coming soon, the 2 main rinks will be adding this fully automated camera system which broadcasts amateur and youth hockey games using cutting-edge technology that follows the flow of the game. Although it’s originally invented for hockey game, this works with all aspects of skating at the Ice Houses. Family and friends can subscribe to watch skater’s freeskate, take lessons, and all competitions with the ability to watch it on demand. Fee per month is $14.99 to watch unlimited Live and On Demand action from our venues. Contact for Livebarn is Scott Burfoot, GM of RPD Ice Facilities.
- Scholarship Season Opened June 1st: Scholarships are open now for skaters who are looking to receive educational funding for the 2017-2018 competitive skating season. All applications and information for grants and scholarships available, visit www.USFigureSkating.org
- BIG Thank you! Thank you to all the families and skaters that came out to march in the 4th of July Parade for the RSC! We appreciate your help making this event a success for the club.
Figure Skater News:
- Congratulations to Mason Ferrero: for being part of Chicagoland Ice Theatre Inspirations and winning the 2017 National Theatre On Ice Gold Medal! The team and Mason skated their hearts out to their Circle of Life program. This ensemble also recently won best makeup and costumes for 2017 out of the open, preliminary, and intermediate and special Olympic teams!
- Congratulations to Karlie Taylor: for passing her Senior Moves In The Field! This is a huge accomplishment for Karlie, who has been skating for 12 years. Karlie attends Belvidere North High School and skates daily, mostly in the morning time. Karlie’s goal is to obtain her Senior Freeskate by the end of her junior year. Karlie is also is a LTS coach and helps run the RPD camps. Her favorite move on ice is the layback twist with her most challenging move is the double Lutz. Congratulations Karlie!
- 2017 Los Angeles Showcase: Sydney Kampmier - 2nd Place in Preliminary Dramatic & 4th Place in Preliminary Light Entertainment! Top 4 placements qualify for the 2017 National Showcaseheld August 9-13 in Santa Rosa, California. Sydney had qualified in both categories and will be attending. Sydney was also invited to skate in the Los Angeles Parade of Champions for her dramatic performance in Burbank, California. Lily Brumfield - Star Entertainment- Lily tied for 2nd place and was 3rd overall. Congratulations & Good Luck to both skaters!
- Congratulations to the following skaters who passed their tests in June
- Emily Schriever - Juvenile Moves
- Amanda Aiardo - Pre-Juvenile Moves
- Mackenzie Ignjatic - Preliminary Moves
- Ellie Lazarro - Preliminary Moves
- Vega Scheer - Preliminary Moves
- Evie Vieth - Preliminary Moves
- Sabrina Meng - Junior Freeskate
- Faith Sutton - Novice Freeskate
- Aaliyah Davis - Juvenile Freeskate
- Amanda Aiardo - Pre-Preliminary Freeskate
Take a look at the Newsletter on Mail Chimp!
Rockford Skating Club Monthly Newsletter ~ June 2017
- Membership Renewal/Sign Up: It's that time of year again to renew and/or sign up for your Rockford Skate Club Membership. Please remember to do this between June 1- June 30. Website for renewal is: http://comp.entryeeze.com/Membership/Welcome.aspx?cid=7 Any questions or problems please contact Stacey Farrell, Membership Chair, at RockfordSCMembership@gmail.com
- NEW Testing Session: A new testing session is now available for June 25, 2017. To register, please go to your entryeeze membership account and register.
Club Monthly News:
- 4th of July Parade: The RSC will be marching in the July 4th Parade this year! The parade begins promptly at 7:15PM. If you would like to participate in marching with the RSC, please meet at “Ekstroms” at 6:15PM (Corner of 6th and 7th Street in Rockford). If you would like to purchase a RSC 4th of July T'shirt to wear during the parade, they are $9 each. All T'shirt orders are due June 13th. Contact Amy Bechtel to order- Amiee2880@gmail.com
- Cranberry Classic Competition: Cranberry Classic Competition date has been set for November 5, 2017.
- Revolution Openings: Revolution is still looking to fill 1-2 more spots this season for all levels. If you are interested please contact: Coach Jenn Caron, 847-804-7225 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- RSC Merchandise: RSC Spirit Wear and Merchandise is available! Place your order through Café Press and get it delivered directly to your door. RSC store website link: http://www.cafepress.com/RockfordSkatingClub
Figure Skater News:
- Congratulations to the following Skaters for Passing their tests on May 17th!
Lauren Bear- Junior MovesEliana Wisniewski- Preliminary Moves in the FieldAllison Viola- Preliminary Moves in the Field & Pre-Pre Freeskate
Lily Brumfield- Pre-Pre Moves
Isabel Furst- Preliminary Fresskate
Mackenzie Ignjatic- Pre-Pre Freeskate
Madeline Johnson - Pre-Pre Freeskate
Olivia Johnson- Pre-Pre Freeskate
Vega Scheer- Pre-Pre Freeskate
RSC Skater News: Molly Budlong will be attending a week of Synchronized Skating Camp at Shattluck St Mary’s School in Minnesota this summer. She won this scholarship from a contest she entered during the Rockford Synchronized Skating Championships a few months ago. She will be taking private lessons from Surya Bonaly (2-time Olympian, 3-time World Silver Medalist, 9-time French Champion, and 5-time European Champion) as well as other coaches at the camp. Molly will be attending with skaters from all over the world, including one from Iceland. This is a great opportunity for a RSC Member and Molly is very excited to be attending!
Take a look at the Newsletter on Mail Chimp!